Admission to the Bachelor in Fine Arts is subject to an aptitude test intended to evaluate the candidate’s artistic and creative abilities.
Some candidates entitled to take the aptitude test may feel that their artistic and creative abilities are still insufficiently developed. In this case, the ECAL recommends that they sit the Foundation Year entrance exam.
The school evaluates title's equivalences. This procedure being relatively long, a request of examination must be submitted by the candidate to ECAL Secretariat by March 31st 2017 the latest.
- Maturity certificate
- Professional Maturity certificate in a field corresponding to the chosen course
- Specialized Maturity certificate in art and design
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. high-school leaving certificate or French baccalauréat S, L or ES)
Online registration, until 27 April 2017. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part to their online registration, the candidates send to the ECAL an electronic application (PDF).
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of required qualifications (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian and English).
The personal file contains :
- a statement discussing the work, educational experience and intellectual interests
- a portfolio of personal works (or professional samples for the candidates who already achieved a training in the same field), including a maximum of 15 files/documents. Movies presentation or other motion pictures, limited to a duration of 3 minutes, are only possible through Vimeo or Youtube channels.
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for a practical and theoretical test from 19 to 23 May 2017, then for an interview at ECAL on 31 May. The instructions of the test and the invitation to the interview will be notified by email.
Results are sent out by mail and/or email from 2 June 2017. Admitted candidates to the Bachelor in Fine Arts must confirm their registration at ECAL no later than 12 June 2017.
The ECAL Secretariat (Tel. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - firstname.lastname@example.org) is happy to provide any additional information.