Admission to the Master in Film Studies is by competitive exam every two years. The next competitive exam is scheduled in Spring 2018.
The school evaluates title's equivalences. This procedure being relatively long, a request of examination must be submitted by email to ECAL Secretariat until March 15 2018 the latest.
- Bachelor’s degree
- equivalent foreign certificate
Online registration is open until 10 April 2018. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part to their online registration, the candidates select one of the five specializations:
They also send to the ECAL an electronic application (PDF) consisting of administrative and personal items.
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent certificate), diploma supplement and transcripts (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian and English).
The personal file contains :
- a statement discussing the work, educational experience and intellectual interests
- a short description of the Master project
- a representative portfolio of recent works. Films or other moving images will only be accepted via a "Vimeo channel".
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for admission interviews. The invitation to the interviews, that will take place at ECAL on 4 May 2018 will be notified by email.
Results are sent out by mail and/or email from 15 May 2018. Admitted candidates to the Master in Film Studies must confirm their registration at ECAL no later than 29 May 2018.
The ECAL Secretariat (Tel. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - firstname.lastname@example.org) is happy to provide any additional information.