Admission to the Bachelor in Fine Arts is by competitive exam (aptitude test). The aptitude test is intended to evaluate the candidate’s artistic and creative abilities.
Some candidates entitled to take the aptitude test may feel that their artistic and creative abilities are still insufficiently developed. In this case. The ECAL recommends that they sit the Foundation Year entrance exam.
* ECAL evaluates title's equivalences. This procedure being relatively long, a request of examination must be submitted by email to ECAL Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org until 9 April 2019 the latest.
- Maturity certificate
- Professional Maturity certificate
- Specialized Maturity certificate
- equivalent foreign certificate*
> Request of evaluation submitted after the above mentionned date will not be processed.
Non French-speaking candidates who have not completed a school education in Switzerland must be able to attest of their proficiency in French. A B2 level of the European Language Portfolio is therefore required.
Online registration until 30 April 2019. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the non-refundable registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part of their online registration, the candidates send to ECAL an electronic application (PDF) containing personnal and administrative data.
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of required qualifications (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian, English and Spanish).
The personal file mandatorily contains :
- a presentation and motivation letter
- a portfolio of personal works (or professional samples for the candidates who already have achieved a training in the same field), including a maximum of 15 files/documents. Movies presentation or other motion pictures are limited to a duration of 3 minutes and are only possible through a Vimeo channel.
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for a practical and/or theoretical test taking place from 17 to 21 May 2019, then for an interview at ECAL scheduled between 27 and 28 May during which the candidates can defend their portfolio and the completed assignment. The instructions of the test and the invitation to the interview will be notified by email.
Results are communicated by post during the first half of June.
ECAL’s Administration office (Tél. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - email@example.com) gives any additional information.