Admission to the Bachelor in Fine Arts is done through a competitive examination, which assesses the artistic and creative abilities of the candidates.
Amongst those who are eligible to apply, it is possible that some candidates feel that their artistic and creative abilities are still insufficient. In this case, the ECAL recommends that they apply to the Foundation Year entrance exam.
* ECAL evaluates title's equivalences. This procedure being relatively long, a request of examination must be submitted by email to ECAL Secretariat email@example.com until 18 February 2022 the latest.
- Maturity certificate
- Professional Maturity certificate
- Specialized Maturity certificate
- equivalent foreign certificate*
> Request of evaluation submitted after the above mentionned date will not be processed.
Non French-speaking candidates who have not completed a school education in Switzerland must be able to attest of their proficiency in French. A B2 level of the European Language Portfolio is therefore required.
Online registration until 11 March 2022. The registration will only be considered subject to payment of the non-refundable registration fee of CHF 150.-.
As part of their online registration, the candidates send to ECAL an electronic application (PDF) containing personnal and administrative data.
The administrative file contains :
- a curriculum vitae
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of required qualifications (an authentic translation is required for languages other than French, German, Italian, English and Spanish).
The personal file mandatorily contains :
- a presentation and motivation letter
- A representative selection of works of maximum 15 pieces. All medias are accepted, multimedia must be published online.
After consideration of the electronic applications, a jury will select the candidates for a practical and/or theoretical test taking place from 21 to 25 March 2022, then for an interview at ECAL scheduled between 29 March and 1 April 2022 during which the candidates can defend their portfolio and the completed assignment. The instructions of the test and the invitation to the interview will be notified by email.
Results are communicated by post during the first half of April.
ECAL’s Administration office (Tél. +41 (0)21.316.99.39 - firstname.lastname@example.org) gives any additional information.